10.05.2006

i thought i was gonna suck

Today, Ann im'd me at work to say that she had come down with the funk and wouldn't be climbing. I know it was probably just the power of suggestion, but I immediately felt like I was coming down with something too. And, right before I was getting ready to leave I was this close to just skipping climbing and going home. But, I had left my favorite Nalgene® bottle at the gym on Tuesday and Dylan was there waiting for me, so I sucked it up and rode on over.

Since I was feeling kinda puny, I figured I'd have a pretty crappy experience on the wall, but I ended up having a spectacular night. I made it up Jedi Supperclub, a 5.10, with only two hangs. Plus, I made it halfway up the new arete climb which is rated a 5.11-. It took awhile and I didn't complete it, but I made it much further than I thought I would.

I say it a lot, but it always amazes me that I can start off feeling like the very last thing I want to do in the world is climb, but if I just make myself go, I usually end up having a really good time.

No comments: