10.27.2006

down home

Last night I headed down to Denver to visit friends who are visiting all the way from Tonganoxie, Kansas. They have a son, who is five now, but was barely able to string three words together when I saw him last. Now he won't shut up. His favorite subjects in school are lunch and recess (he takes after his dad) and library's ok because they read stories to you there. He's read every single one of the Star Wars books and he has eleven cousins but needs to get rid of one so he'll be able to count all of them on his fingers.

I also got to meet their daughter for the first time. She's almost one year old and has to be the cutest baby alive on the planet. And when it comes to babies I call it like I see it. If you have an ugly baby, I may not say it to your face, but I'll definitely say it to other people. So you can believe me when I say she's the cutest baby on the planet.

Anyway, it was good to see some kids from the homestead and get caught up on all of the gossip about the peeps there.

No comments: