8.23.2006

takes a licking and keeps on ticking

Happy Birthday to ME!

Happy Birthday to ME!

Happy Birthday dear MEEEEEE!

happybirthdaytome.

Thirty-six years ago today (in about an hour and a half), my mom gave birth to a 5lb baby boy who had all of his fingers and toes and most of his brain attached. I can't believe it's been that long. I mean, shit, thirty-six years is a looooooong-ass time. If you think about it. Not that long when compared to elephants, the redwood trees or the actual age of the universe, but still, a long time for us fragile humans. Anyway, thanks Mom and Dad for giving birth to me, feeding me, changing my diapers and the stellar performance at the difficult job of preparing me to leave the nest and fly on my own. I love you.

And thanks to everyone else for the friendship, the many beers, the good times and helping me along the way.

No comments: