7.09.2006

holy crap

I ended up not being as lazy as I thought I would yesterday because I decided to try, drumroll please, yoga. There's a beginner's class on Saturdays at my gym that I've been wanting to check out and I had time yesterday, so...

All I have to say is, 'Dear. Sweet. Jesus.' For the first half hour she had us practice our breathing. Now, like almost everyone whom I know, I've been breathing my entire life and didn't really think it was something I needed to practice, so the entire time I was thinking, 'Well. This is pretty stupid and a huge waste of time.' Then she led us through the 'poses.' By the end of the second half hour I was sweating my ass off, had fallen over twice, and my entire body was shaking so badly that I didn't think I would be able to finish out the session. Thankfully, the last fifteen minutes were 'shishanas(?),' where you lie on the floor and relax and breathe and, if you're me, take a little nap.

Also, it's still raining today, so I have an excuse to be a lazy-ass bum. 'Cause I'm a wee bit sore...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They really do tell you how great yoga is for you but they forget to say that it is really hard!!. I didnt stick with it just cause of the false advertising. Or maybe its cause im lazy?? No way! It was the advertising. Kris

craptastic said...

maybe a combination of both?

i'm gonna try again tonight. we'll see. supposedly it will increase my flexibility which would be nice for the rock climbing, but right now, i'm just stiff and sore. and feeling much less than flexible.

emheller said...

breathe... sensay....breathe