6.23.2006

uh huh. and the aliens are coming to get me, too.

A little set-up: My work phone hasn't had one of those spiral-y cords (yes, rendering it non-functional) until yesterday when the office manager fianlly went out and bought me a brand spankin' new one. It's black, and shiny, and really spiral-y.

Wondering why the hell I'm blogging about a phone cord? Just wait. It gets funnier.

I open up the package and there's a warning label on the plastic around the cord. It reads: 'WARNING: This product contains chemicals, including lead, known to the State of California to cause cancer, and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.'

I can't decide whether I should just suck on the cord all day or wear a hazmat suit to work.

Why is it always the state of California? Don't they also have a problem with the silver candy beads that good moms put on the yummy cupcakes?

No comments: